Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Decisions

As human beings we all have decisions to make in our every day lives that effect what we do and how we do it. Since the beginning of this year, I have watched the company where I have worked for almost 13 years make some pretty tough decisions. During this time I have also had to make some decisions that I did not like, but were necessary. Now, I have a bigger decision to make that could greatly effect my life as I have grown accustomed to it. I have been offered a job at another business that assures me that they are financially stable and in no danger of having to lay off. The problem here is that I have formed relationships, made friends and established a pretty decent reputation in my business, but the new company is offering all the things that my present company had never had to offer. I prayed to God to help me with the final decision when I had to make it, and I believe that He will make it obvious for me if I truly seek His help. The problem most people (myself especially) have when making decisions is that impulse takes over and we go with what sounds good right then. What we should do when is allow God to guide our hearts and lead us to the right choice. This concept is thought of as strange for those who do not believe in God or allow Him to work in their lives, because in our minds we know what is best. A small challenge to all who read this: before making a decision, pray to God and ask for guidance and see if He will answer. Remember, God's answers may not be what you want to hear but they will be what you need to hear. Today's words of wisdom: God gave us two ears, two eyes and one mouth. Maybe we are supposed to observe and listen twice as much as we are to talk. God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. i know in making decisions that you will put god first, but just remember that you have a family that will always stand behind you in all your decisions. your family will love you no matter what you have decided to do.just keep praying god is listening..

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a child of God you know you will get the answer you need. God will lead you down the path He chooses, we just have to be open to His will. I know I am preaching to the choir on this because you already know this. Remember that your friends and family will support any decision you make.

    ReplyDelete