Monday, August 10, 2009

Long Weekend


You know it never ceases to amaze me how much pain we are willing to put ourselves through to have fun. Thursday evening after we got off work, we went and hauled a load of hay to earn extra money but had to stop because of rain. We went back Friday afternoon and hauled 4 more loads of hay and even though we worked til 9:30 we still liked a little bit being done so my wife said that she would take care of what was left on Saturday since I was to play in a softball tournament. I left my house around 6:45 Saturday morning to head to the fields where we playing and we started our first game at 8:00. I called my wife around 11: to see what she was doing and she said that she was loading hay and her sister was stacking on the trailer. I then told her that if I needed to come out after we finished playing that I would, so she said for me to call her. So, I met her in the field around 12:30 and helped her finish up. When we were done, I told her that I was going to go home and eat some lunch and get a little rest before I went and played the other tournament I was supposed to play. My co-ed softball team decided that we wanted to play in what is called a midnight madness tournament, which is a tournament that starts at 7:00pm and doesn't end until some time the next morning. We ended up playing 6 games before we had lost our second one to get beat out of the tournament at 5:40 Sunday morning. My wife had come and watched us play all night, so me and her both were pretty tired, but we had already decided that no matter how late I played we were not going to miss church. After getting home around 6:30, I took a shower and slept for about an hour and a half before getting up and getting ready for church. We went to church then went back home and rested for the afternoon before evening services. I have come to realize that the human body can take a lot of abuse before completely falling apart. When I woke up this morning at my normal 4:30, I felt as if I had been ran over by a fleet of Greyhound buses and that there wasn't one part of me that didn't hurt. All that being said, I had a blast playing softball and would probably be dumb enough to do it again. You see, I use my time with my team to witness to them through my life and the choices I make in it. We must realize that not all people have the privelege of growing up in a Christian home and have not heard the Gospel and the plan of salvation. We (and I include myself everytime I use this word) can't use "tired" as an excuse not to serve God and do whatever it is He has sent us or called us to do. As Christians, we have the responsibility to live our lives as witnesses. The first time that we do something that is not of God, you can believe that a non-beliver will see you and your witness will be ruined to that person and anyone they tell. Our lives may be the only Bible or sermon some people ever see or hear, so we should do our best to make it a good one. The picture I inserted is of my dream glove, it is a Nokona 12 1/2" baseball glove that is made from kangaroo hide. The reason it is a dream is because on average this glove costs around $175 and the one I paid $35 for seems to work fine. Today's words of wisdom: If it hurts, be thankful that you still have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment